Day Only Rehabilitation
Day Rehabilitation runs a variety of programs designed to maximise wellness and prevention. Patients have access to our exceptional facilities during the day and return home after their individually tailored program. There is no need to stay overnight at the Hospital.
Rehabilitation is a holistic program designed to improve your independence, so you can continue to live at home with confidence in your ability to take care of yourself and enjoy leisure activities.
- Falls Prevention
- Minds in Motion (Cognitive decline)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Stepping in Style (Falls prevention)
If for whatever reason you do not meet our intake criteria President Private Hospital also offers a Mobile Physiotherapy Service where a physiotherapist will assess you and treat you in the comfort of your own home.
Whether you have suffered an injury or undergone recent orthopaedic surgery, orthopaedic rehabilitation is an important part of your recovery. Most orthopaedic patients need assistance in healing, regaining strength and mobility after injury or surgery. The goal is to enable patients to resume daily activities and get back to work, fitness routines, or hobbies. President Private Hospital offers specialised orthopaedic rehabilitation programs such as:
- Orthopaedic surgery (hip/knee/shoulder joint replacement)
- Spinal injury
- Recent injury or accident
- Back pain
- Limitations in mobility (arthritis)
- Acute phases of musculoskeletal disease
Reconditioning is a process that aims to maximise your recovery and restoration of independence after illness or injury, improving cardiovascular fitness, endurance, and general muscle strength, as well as improving your overall quality of life.
Reconditioning is suitable for those who have:
- Had debilitating injury
- Recently been bedridden
- Experienced reduced exercise capacity
- Experienced limitations in activities of daily living, or who are experiencing personalised weakness
Minds in Motion
Mins in Motion is a multi-disciplinary program designed to improve cognitive and physical function whilst doing many enjoyable activities.
- Leisure activities
- Functional activities
Mobile physiotherapy provides an expert assessment and exercise program that will enable you to achieve your desired rehabilitation goals, all in the comfort of your own home.
It is suitable for those who:
- Have had joint replacements, spinal surgery and cardiac surgery
- Have musculoskeletal conditions e.g. lower back pain, overuse injuries
- Have neurological conditions e.g. Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease
- Have experienced deconditioning following a length of stay in hospital
- Are at risk of falling
An individualised and specialised wellness program for each patient aims to improve areas such as mobility, balance, upper and lower limb strength and function, ability to manage personal care, continence, pain management, education, domestic task completion and community living skills.
Falls are the leading cause of unintentional injury in Australians 65 years and older. Falls prevention aims to break this cycle with both exercise and education to help minimise the risk of falling.
It is suitable for those who:
- Have had an issue with falls in the past
- Have an issue their balance
Parkinson’s Exercise Group
For many living with Parkinson’s Disease (PD), treatments have been focused on time-limited symptom management. However, there is evidence to suggest that exercise can play a vital role in reversing some disease in persons with mild to moderate PD. This program teaches specific exercises that manage symptoms and aim to modify Parkinson’s Disease through neuroplasticity, targeting increased participation and efficiency through specific amplified movement and general reconditioning, and of course, by making it fun!
Metabolic Reconditioning Program
Metabolic Syndrome is a cluster of metabolic abnormalities and risk factors that increase the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular problems. A person is diagnosed as having metabolic syndrome when they have three of the following risk factors:
- Elevated blood glucose level
- Elevated blood pressure
- Elevated cholesterol levels
- Central obesity
The program consists of:
- Sessions run twice a week for 6 weeks (12 sessions in total)
- Meals provided at each session
- Sessions involve 1 hour of aquatic exercise coupled with either land based exercise or educational components from the dietician or exercise physiologist.
Access to Day Only Rehabilitation Services
Your General Practitioner, Physician, or Surgeon, will be able to assist you in obtaining a referral to President Private Hospital’s Day Only Rehabilitation programs.
To make a referral or for more information, please contact the Clinical Services Manager.